Paid Eligibility Reduced Eligibility
Elementary (Las Flores & Richmond) Breakfast $.30 Lunch $.40
Breakfast $2.00 Lunch $3.00
Secondary (Murray & Burroughs) Adult Meals at All Sites
Breakfast $2.25 Lunch $3.25 Breakfast $3.00 Lunch $4.00
Online payments are a simple, safe and secure way to make payments to your students account 24 hours a day at your convenience.
Please take advantage of the options to prepay your student's meal accounts. Prepaid meal accounts help the lunch lines go faster and gives students more time to eat, relax, and play. It also gives you the peace of mind of not having to worry about looking for lunch money every day or worry that it might get lost, stolen or used for other things other than lunch.
MEAL PAYMENT INFORMATION
Please make all checks payable to school site name + “Cafeteria.” Please put your child(ren)’s name on checks or envelope with cash. Account balances may be carried over to the next school year or to another site if your child is moved. Refunds are available with a written request; however, requests for refunds over $10 may take up to two weeks to process.
Unpaid Meals and Charge policy
Child Nutrition Services believes no child should go hungry and provides meals to all students. In order to provide basic guidelines to ensure students are being fed, and parents/guardians are being made aware of the account balance of their student the following policy is provided.
The purpose of this policy is to establish consistent meal account procedures throughout the district. Unpaid meal charges place a financial strain on the Child Nutrition department. The goals of this policy are:
- To treat all students with dignity when receiving meals.
- To encourage positive interactions with students, staff, and parents/guardian.
- To encourage parent/guardian responsibility of meal payments.
- To establish a consistent implementation of district wide practices and policies.
In an effort to ensure all students are provided with nutritious meals the following policies will be implemented.
- All students will be provided with the same nutritious meal being served. No alternate, or low cost meal will be provided.
- No student will be informed of negative account balances.
- No student will be delayed or denied a meal due to negative account balances.
- Parents/guardians will be notified no later than 10 days following a negative account balance.
- All efforts will be made to qualify families for free meals through meal applications or direct certification.
- All parents/guardians will be provided with either a paper meal application or a link to the online portal.
Students on reduced or paid eligibility will be allowed to charge meals to their accounts in the event they did not bring money to pay. These meals will be provided with the expectation of being paid. Parents/guardians will be notified of unpaid meals. No student will be advised of account balances, all communication will be made directly with parents/guardians.
Community Eligibility Provision
Sierra Sands Unified School District will continue to serve meals to students under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the 2019– 2020 school year. All students at the following sites will be served lunch and breakfast at no charge:
Mesquite High School
James Monroe Middle School
and Pierce Elementary Schools
Send Check or Cash
You can always bring money personally or send it with your student.
Please place it in an envelope marked clearly with your student's name, their ID #, their teacher's name, the $ amount and the check #. Turn in prepaid deposits to the cafeteria cashier(s) or school office.
If you choose to bring money to school personally or send it with your student, please put it in an envelope clearly marked with the student's first and last name, their ID #, their teacher's name, and the amount enclosed.